Hazel Wolf Winter Food Drive is gearing up to collect donations and support families in need over winter break.
If you can support Hazel Wolf families in need this winter break, please bring in non-perishable, non-expired food donations starting on Monday, December 9 to Tuesday, December 17. Deliver items to the bin in the front lobby near the main office. To improve efficiency, we are asking each grade to donate specific foods:
- Kindergarten: mac & cheese and granola bars
- 1st grade: cookies and cereal
- 2nd grade: peanut butter and jelly
- 3rd grade: milk in aseptic cartons and tortillas
- 4th grade: canned meat/tuna and crackers
- 5th grade: pasta, pasta sauce and rice noodles
- 6th grade: pancake mix and applesauce/canned fruit
- 7th grade: dried/canned beans and rice
- 8th grade: canned soup/stew and dried fruit
Deadline for donations is Tuesday, December 17.
Are you in need of extra food this winter break? If you would like to receive a food box during winter break, please complete a request form. The form is available online or at the front office. Return the completed form to the front office by Tuesday, December 17. You can pick up your food bags from the Hazel Wolf office from December 18 – 20 or you can request to have them delivered.
A Read-a-thon reminder– finish tallying your child’s minutes and collecting pledges this week!
Bring in forms and collected pledges by this Friday, Dec. 6. to the Library.
If it’s more convenient, contributions can be made online.
Completed details about Read-a-thon can be found on the PTSA website here.
It’s time for the 2019 Hazel Wolf Read-A-Thon! We’re excited about this annual event that is designed to inspire the love of reading and directly benefit our students by raising funds for the PTSA.
The reading period starts Monday, November 18 and goes through Saturday, November 30. Packets went home in Kidmail last week. If you’re missing a packet, you can download a packet and find more information on the PTSA website.
Happy reading, everyone!
- November 17 – December 1 – Request & record pledges on the sponsorship form
- November 18 – Start reading & record minutes on the record sheet
- November 30 – Last day of Read-A-Thon
- December 1-5 – Count minutes & collect pledges
- December 6 – Students turn in their official minute recording sheet, sponsorship form & funds
Join us 6 – 7:30 p.m. this Thursday, Nov. 7, 2019, to hear from Brian Dougherty of the Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT), who will provide a traffic safety presentation and discuss safe ways to get kids to school and back home using “active transport” (such as walking, wheeling, etc.)
Please personally invite your neighbors! We want broad community representation.
SDOT has generously offered to provide dinner. Childcare will be available.
Here is a tentative agenda:
- SDOT presentation and questions (30 minutes)
- Seattle Council PTA presentation and Northshore case (10 minutes)
- District 5 and 6 Councilmember priorities (5 minutes)
- Small group discussions (30 minutes)
- Close out and networking (15 minutes)
Just a reminder that all entries for the Reflections Art Contest are due by this Friday, November 1 at the end of the school day. You can find the entry box and entry forms in the front office.
Additional contest details can be found here: https://www.wastatepta.org/events-programs/reflections/.
Have questions? Contact Tatiana at tatiana.kaminsky @gmail.com
Don’t forget that through AmazonSmile, your Amazon.com purchases can automatically support Hazel Wolf K-8. The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of every purchase to our PTSA!
When you first sign up for AmazonSmile at smile.amazon.com, you will be given an opportunity to choose your charity. Type in “Hazel Wolf” and select “Hazel Wolf PTSA Unit 6.15.24” (don’t be confused by the location listing of Tacoma, WA, this is the correct choice).
If you already have an AmazonSmile account and would like to change your charity, go to “Your Account & Lists” in the top menu on the front page of Amazon. Then select “Your AmazonSmile.” Then click the button “Change charity” on the right side of the page.
Hazel Wolf students and families have the opportunity to visit the Spirit Gear Swap bin to choose a previously loved (but still in good condition) Hazel Wolf clothing item. We want all students to be able to proudly rock their Hazel Wolf gear! The bin is located in the front office. There are many items in smaller and larger sizes.
Do you have any previously loved Hazel Wolf Spirit Gear? Please donate any clean and still in good condition Hazel Wolf clothing items in the box located in the school office lobby. We will collect any Hazel Wolf Spirit Gear that your child has outgrown and/or no longer wears. Thank you!