Kids University 2019-20
The University YMCA provides after school enrichment classes on site at Hazel Wolf K-8 every day during the school year after school until as late as 5:45 p.m., as well as offsite enrichment programs and summer camps during school breaks.
For the 2019-20 school year, session dates are:
- Session 1: September 4 – October 25 (online registration ended Aug. 15, 2019)
- Session 2: October 28 – December 20 (online registration ended Nov. 1)
Session 3: January 6 – February 28
Session 4: March 2 – May 1
Session 5: May 4 – June 18
For the 2019-20 school year, University YMCA will provide the following break camps:
- In-service Day: Oct. 11
- Thanksgiving Break: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m., Nov. 25-27
- Winter Break: Dec. 23, Dec. 26-27, Dec. 30, Jan. 2-3 – Register online here
- Mid-Winter Break: Feb. 18-21
- Spring Break: April 13-17
Classes run Monday through Friday after school until as late as 5:45 p.m. There are three class times on Wednesday to accommodate early release (class A: 2:20-3:35, class B: 3:35-4:45, class C: 4:45-5:45), and two class times the rest of the week (class A: 3:35-4:45, class B: 4:45-5:45).
How to Register
- Online: at https://apm.activecommunities.com/seattleymca/Activity_Search. In the search box, type in “wolf” and scroll down to see available options for Hazel Wolf. Registration is broken out by day, so it’s advisable to download the registration form to pick classes first, and then go online to register by day. Please note: online registration ends approximately two weeks before the new session begins. You can still register for classes throughout the session, but please use the registration form to sign up. You will now be asked to log in. Your login is the email address you provided when setting up your account with the YMCA of Greater Seattle. If this is your first time to log in or you can’t remember your password, please select “forgot your password?” and you will be able to reset the password to your account.
- Email/Fax: Email your completed registration form to email@example.com or fax to 206.524.8613.
- Mail/deliver in person: Mail or deliver completed forms to the University Family YMCA at 5003 12th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98105. If the session has already begun, you can hand-deliver your registration form to the site coordinator at Hazel Wolf in the Cafetorium after school.
You can also contact University YMCA at the email above or by calling 206.524.1400.
For families needing after school activities every day, the Enrichment Pass option includes all five days and all class times (including early release on Wednesday) for $495/month ($440/month if you are a YMCA member). There is definitely cost savings with the Enrichment Pass if you need care every day, plus it guarantees you early class selection each session.
Individual classes are $110 per quarter ($100 per quarter for YMCA members); however, some classes are provided by an outside vendor and are $165 per quarter. Classes that cover two class times are $220 per quarter ($200 per quarter for YMCA members).
The YMCA strives to make programs available to all children and confidential assistance may be provided to the extent possible. To learn more and apply, visit http://ykids.seattleymca.org/financial-assistance.
Hazel Wolf Snow Sports Program 2019-20
Snow Sports Consulting Service and a parent coordinator will provide six weeks of after school ski bus service on Wednesdays to Summit Central Ski Area in Snoqualmie. The bus will have adult chaperones and will load at school at 2:30 p.m. and return at approximately 8 p.m. This program is for second through fifth grade. Classes begin at 4 p.m. and are 2 1/2 hours long. Lessons are taught by Snow Sports Consulting Service LLC, with 36 years of teaching experience in the greater Seattle area. Snowboarding lessons are NOT available through this program.
Registration deadline is Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2019, and is limited to the first 35 applicants.
Wednesday, Jan. 8, 2020 – Wednesday, Feb. 12 (If a cancellation occurs, the program will extend the number of trips missed.)
How to Register
- Mail: Mail the completed form with tuition to SSCS 204 165th Ave SE Bellevue, WA 98008-4726. Please do not hand deliver to this address. Enrollment is secured on a first come, first served basis and registration must be accompanied with payment to secure your space. Registration deadline is Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2019