The 2019 Read-A-Thon is November 18-30!
Need a 2019 Read-A-Thon Packet? Download one here:
What is it: A fundraiser without selling anything. Instead, we will promote our school’s goal of a love for reading.
Who: All Hazel Wolf K-8 students
How it works:
- Your student will set a daily “minutes read” goal and ask people to sponsor them by pledging (for their reading goal or a flat donation). Relatives, neighbors, and friends make great sponsors!
- Kids read, read, read (and record minutes) November 18 to 30. Students and classes will be winning great prizes for participation!
- Your student will add up their minutes, collect any outstanding pledge money from the sponsors and bring the collected money to school. Also, sponsors can make their donations online at: https://hazelwolfk8.ejoinme.org/2019ReadAThon.
- Donations and minute recording sheets received by December 6 will qualify for prizes.
- Not a reader yet? That’s OK. Reading or being read to count too. Read to yourself, a parent, a friend, a sibling, a stuffed animal, or a pet. Get everyone in on the fun and get reading!
What we ask of parents:
- Please initial your student’s recorded time each day.
- Encourage your student to read, read, and read (and read to them).
- Review the rules with your students so that he/she knows what kind of reading minutes count. (Homework reading counts! Reading during class time does not!)
- Remind your kids to track their reading every day! Missed the first day? Don’t worry, it’s OK to start late!
- November 18 – Start reading!
- November 30 – Last day of Read-A-Thon.
- December 1-5 – Count minutes & collect pledges
- December 6 – Turn all funds and paperwork in to the library.
You can make Read-A-Thon contributions online at: https://hazelwolfk8.ejoinme.org/2019ReadAThon