|Need a 2018 Read-A-Thon Packet? Download one here:|
What is it: A fundraiser without selling anything. Instead, we will promote our school’s goal of a love for reading.
Who: all Hazel Wolf K-8 students
How it works:
- Look for a packet in Kidmail with all the details (the Rules, a Sponsorship form, and a minute recording sheet) or download one here.
- Your student will set a daily “minutes read” goal and ask people to sponsor them by pledging (for their reading goal or a flat donation). Relatives, neighbors, and friends make great sponsors!
- Kids read, read, read (and record minutes) November 13 to 25. Students and classes will be winning great prizes for the most minutes read, so read as much as possible!
- Your student will add up their minutes, collect any outstanding pledge money from the sponsors and bring the collected money to school. Donations and minute recording sheets received by November 30 will qualify for prizes.
- Not a reader yet? That’s OK. Reading or being read to count too. Read to yourself, a parent, a friend, a sibling, a stuffed animal, or a pet. Get everyone in on the fun and get reading!
What we ask of parents:
- Please initial your student’s recorded time each day.
- Encourage your student to read, read, and read (and read to them).
- Review the rules with your students so that he/she knows what kind of reading minutes count. (Homework reading counts! Reading during class time does not!)
- Remind your kids to track their reading every day! Missed the first day? Don’t worry, it’s OK to start late!
- We will send reminders, so please relax, talk to your student about the Read-A-Thon and most importantly help your student have fun reading!
- November 9 – Start collecting sponsor pledges/donations.
- November 13 – Start reading!
- November 25 – Last day of Read-A-Thon.
- November 30 – Turn all funds and paperwork in to the Library.
You can make Read-A-Thon contributions online at: https://hazelwolfk8.ejoinme.org/2018ReadAThon