2020 Hazel Wolf Read-A-Thon is November 16-28!
Thurs, Nov. 19, 2:30 – 4:30pM: Library book pick up at Hazel Wolf. Last one before the Thanksgiving break!
mon, Nov. 23: read-a-loud event with a special guest mystery reader! 6:30pm for k-2, 6:45ppm for 3-5, 7:00pm for 6-8. register at: HTTPS://BIT.LY/38MKS4K
Need a 2020 Read-A-Thon Packet?
download packet here
Check out this video to meet our new librarian, Dr. V, as she introduces herself and shares more details about this year’s Read-a-Thon.
Not sure how to put library books on hold?
What is the Read-a-Thon: A fundraiser without selling anything. Instead, we will promote our school’s goal of a love for reading.
Who: All Hazel Wolf K-8 students
How it works:
- Your student will set a daily “minutes read” goal and ask people to sponsor them by pledging (for their reading goal or a flat donation). Relatives, neighbors, and friends make great sponsors! Here is a sample letter for you to personalize and send out.
- Kids read, read, read (and record minutes) November 16 to 28. Students and classes will be winning great prizes for participation!
- Your student will add up their minutes, collect any outstanding pledge money from the sponsors and bring their pledge sheets and collected money to school (or send via email and online donations). Also, sponsors can make their donations online at: https://hazelwolfk8.ejoinme.org/2020ReadAThon.
- Donations and minute recording sheets received by December 3 will qualify for prizes.
- Not a reader yet? That’s OK. Reading or being read to count too. Read to yourself, a parent, a friend, a sibling, a stuffed animal, or a pet. Get everyone in on the fun and get reading!
What we ask of parents:
- Please initial your student’s recorded time each day.
- Encourage your student to read, read, and read (and read to them).
- Review the rules with your students so that he/she knows what kind of reading minutes count. (Homework reading counts! Reading during class time does not!)
- Remind your kids to track their reading every day! Missed the first day? Don’t worry, it’s OK to start late!
- November 12 and 13 – Packet & Hot Cocoa Pick-up from 2:30-4:30pm at Hazel Wolf
- November 16 – Read-A-Thon Kickoff and cozy Read-a-Loud with Dr. V! (K-2 at 6:30pm; 3-5 at 6:45pm; 6-8 at 7:00pm)
- November 19 – One last library book pick-up before the break.
- November 23 – Mystery Reader Read-a-Loud (K-2 at 6:30pm; 3-5 at 6:45pm; 6-8 at 7:00pm)
- November 28 – Last day of Read-A-Thon
- November 29 – December 2 – Count minutes & collect pledges
- December 2 & 3 – Turn all funds and paperwork in at Hazel Wolf from 2:30-4:30pm or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can make Read-A-Thon contributions online at: https://hazelwolfk8.ejoinme.org/2020ReadAThon