WE’RE ALMOST THERE!
In November, 189 students read over 134,000 minutes (2,240 hours) in 13 days and raised $19,500. Can you help us reach our $20,000 goal?
Ways to give:
- Visit the donations page and in the “This gift is made in honor of:” section enter “Read-A-Thon 2021”
- Send cash or check payable to Hazel Wolf K-8 PTSA. Fill out the form found in the president’s letter and mail to: Hazel Wolf PTSA, 11530 12th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98125.
- Many thanks to our corporate sponsors: Zylbersteins, KJ’s Koffee, Pagliacci’s and Wild Waves. Please support these local businesses who support our school community.
2021 Hazel Wolf Read-A-Thon is November 15-27
What is the Read-A-Thon: A fundraiser without selling anything. Instead, we will promote our school’s goal of a love for reading.
Who: All Hazel Wolf K-8 students
How it works:
- Your student will set a daily “minutes read” goal and ask people to sponsor them by pledging (for their reading goal or a flat donation). Relatives, neighbors, and friends make great sponsors!
Here is a sample letter for you to personalize and send out.
- Kids read, read, read (and record minutes) November 15 to 27. Students and classes will be awarded great prizes for participation!
- Your student will add up their minutes, collect any outstanding pledge money from the sponsors and bring their pledge sheets and collected money to school (or send via email and online donations). Also, sponsors can make their donations online at: https://hazelwolfk8.ejoinme.org/2021ReadAThon.
- All students who meet their grade’s reading goal will be entered into a raffle for a chance to win prizes (see descriptions below).
- Any sponsorship amount counts — no amount is too small. Sponsorships are encouraged but not required to participate in the raffle.
- Sponsorship Form and Record Sheet received by December 3 will qualify for prizes.
- Raffle prizes include free hot chocolate provided by KJ’s Koffee.
- Classrooms with most participation will receive a coupon for a free cookie or bagel from Zylberschtein’s Deli.
- 250 Students will be given “free slice” cards for Pagliacci’s Pizza.
- Not a reader yet? That’s OK. Reading or being read to count too. Read to yourself, a parent, a friend, a sibling, a stuffed animal, or a pet. Get everyone in on the fun and get reading!
What we ask of parents:
- Please initial your student’s recorded time each day.
- Encourage your student to read, read, and read (and read to them).
- Any reading counts, including classroom independent daily reading (IDR), listening to audiobooks, and reading
books in any language!
- Remind your kids to track their reading every day! Missed the first day? Don’t worry, it’s OK to start late!
2021 Key Dates:
- November 8 and 12 – Read-A-Thon kick off week in the Library with Dr. V
- November 15 – Read-A-Thon packets go home in kidmail
- November 15 – Students start to collect pledges
- November 15 – Students start to count their minutes of reading
- November 27 – Last day of Read-A-Thon
- November 29 – December 2 – Count total minutes read & collect pledges
- December 2 & 3 – Turn all funds and paperwork into the Hazel Wolf Library or via email to email@example.com. You can make Read-A-Thon contributions online at: https://hazelwolfk8.ejoinme.org/2021ReadAThon
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS FOR PROVIDING PRIZES FOR THIS YEAR’S READ-A-THON: