What is it: A fundraiser without selling anything. Instead, we will promote our school’s goal of a love for reading.
Who: all Hazel Wolf K-8 students
How it works:
- Look for a packet in Kidmail with all the details (the Rules, a Sponsorship form, and a minute recording sheet).
- Your student will set a daily “minutes read” goal and ask people to sponsor them by pledging (for their reading goal or a flat donation). Relatives, neighbors, and friends make great sponsors!
- Kids read, read, read (and record minutes) November 13 to 26. Students and classes will be winning great prizes for the most minutes read, so read as much as possible!
- Your student will add up their minutes, collect any outstanding pledge money from the sponsors and bring the collected money to school. Donations and minute recording sheets received by December 1 will qualify for prizes.
- Not a reader yet? That’s OK. Reading or being read to count too. Read to yourself, a parent, a friend, a sibling, a stuffed animal, or a pet. Get everyone in on the fun and get reading!
What we ask of parents:
- Please initial your student’s recorded time each day.
- Encourage your student to read, read, and read (and read to them).
- Review the rules with your students so that he/she knows what kind of reading minutes count. (Homework reading counts! Reading during class time does not!)
- Remind your kids to track their reading every day! Missed the first day? Don’t worry, it’s OK to start late!
- We will send reminders, so please relax, talk to your student about the Read-A-Thon and most importantly help your student have fun reading!
- November 8 – Start collecting sponsor pledges/donations.
- November 13 – Start reading!
- November 26 – Last day of Read-A-Thon.
- December 1 – Turn all funds and paperwork in to the Library.
You can make Read-A-Thon contributions online at: https://hazelwolfk8.ejoinme.org/2017ReadAThon