Spring Ultimate season is starting this month for Elementary and Middle School students. Teams are coed (boys and girls together) and the league is managed by DiscNW and coached by parent volunteers (we need assistant coaches!). We will have weekday practices and games on Saturdays. On Saturday, February 9 from 10 to 11:30 a.m., we will host a mini Jamboree for kids in 3rd-8th grades at the Maple Leaf reservoir park – a parents meeting will begin at 11 a.m.
- Elementary: we anticipate having a 3rd, 4th and 5th grade team if enough kids sign up. One-day-per-week practices begin last week of February and games are Saturdays from March 9 through May 11. The registration deadline is Feb 9, but we will accept registrations after on a space available basis. Download the Elementary registration form »
- Middle School: we anticipate having two teams. Practices on Wednesday will begin last week of February and games are Saturdays from March 9 through May 18. Tryouts (for MS kids only) will be Wednesday, February 27 from 5:00 to 6:30 p.m. and Saturday, March 2, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Tryouts will take place at Maple Leaf Park on the upper grass fields. Download the Middle School registration form »
- All kids will need to fill out the form attached to the flyer AND register with DiscNW.
Questions? Contact coaches:
Elementary School Registration
Middle School Registration
At the January General Session meeting last Wednesday, the PTSA membership voted to endorse Levy 1 and Levy 2 that are on the ballot for the upcoming election. We were lucky to have Linda Seabring, SPS Budget Director, talk about the impact of the levies on next year’s budget. The presentation she gave is available for download if you weren’t able to attend.
Ballots are being mailed now – please remember to vote!! Ballots are due February 12.
The Hazel Wolf Annual Spelling Bee is coming up Monday, February 4 at 3:40 p.m. in the Cafetorium, and we want YOU! All students grades 1-8 are invited to participate. Registration slips and study word lists went home in Kidmail before the holiday break. If you need replacements, forms are available in the main office or email email@example.com.
We’re pleased to announce that Early Bird auction tickets are now available for purchase! Get them by January 25 to save $15. Buy tickets online here: https://hazelwolfk8.ejoinme.org/2019Auction
Interested in volunteering? There are a variety of volunteer opportunities on the day of the auction. Check out the online signup here: http://signup.com/go/DJYhYov or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The auction is Hazel Wolf K-8’s biggest fundraiser of the year and biggest party of the year. Everyone in our community is welcome to attend! (Also, remember that this year’s auction is on a Saturday!)
Can’t attend the auction? We will miss you! You can still contribute to this amazing fundraiser by procuring items and volunteering behind the scenes. Also, this year we are adding the option to obtain some auction items online from the comfort of your home and contribute to the Fund-A-Need.
Happy New Year, Wolfpack! We hope the first week back at school went smoothly for everyone!
The PTSA is looking to fill several volunteer spots in the coming weeks, and the latest opportunities have been posted on the Volunteer page—check them out and please sign up if you are able! Specifically, we are looking for help with:
- ELL Enrollment Night on Jan. 29: flyer distribution leading up to the event, donations of beverages, and assistance on the night of the event. Sign up »
- E-STEM Career Day on Feb. 6: presenters in different areas, and volunteers to help the presenters. Sign up to be a presenter »
- School Tour Guides: tour guides for morning tours on Jan. 31 and Feb. 7 and evening tour on Feb. 6. Sign up »
In addition, the Auction Committee is looking for volunteers leading up to and on the day of the auction, Sat., March 30! Please email email@example.com.
Hazel Wolf K-8 is a vibrant learning community that values parent involvement. The PTSA is here to help facilitate that involvement and to support our school in many ways.
So far this school year we have:
- Provided teachers with classroom grants and supported a variety of special projects
- Organized the movie “Angst” for our families and 5th-8th grade students
- Brought our community together at the start of school open house, coffee breaks, multicultural potluck night, and our 3rd annual Toy Swap
- Organized staff appreciation events
- Kept families informed through the PTSA website, Facebook, and the monthly Paw Print newsletter
- Completed the Hazel Wolf K-8 Reflections art contest
- Organized weeding parties to keep our campus beautiful, and started several new recycling programs
- Organized coat, food, and snack drives to support our families
This work relies on donations from our families. Please consider making a gift today. Your contribution helps fund important programs that support our children, and 100% of your gift supports the school. Our goal is $9,000 for our direct appeal! Thank you for your generosity.
Ways to give:
Cash or check: Please make checks out to Hazel Wolf K-8 PTSA and return it to your student’s classroom or home teacher, or the office.
If your employer matches your donation, please let us know. If you have any questions, contact our Fundraising Chair, Debi Backstrom, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kim Steffensmeier, PTSA President
Hazel Wolf K-8 PTSA is a 501(c)(3) organization and donations are tax deductible.