Now it’s time to add up your minutes read, collect your pledges and turn in your forms!
Forms and pledges can be turned in and participation bookmarks will be distributed at the school this week on December 2 & 3 (Weds & Thurs) from 2:30pm-4:30pm at the library book pick-up.
You can also email forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sponsors can make their donations online through December 6, here: https://hazelwolfk8.ejoinme.org/2020ReadAThon
Winning fundraisers and raffle winners will be announced soon!
Do you want to get your child more excited about reading and help them meet a goal? The PTSA has some great incentives for this year’s Read-a-Thon to get kids reading!
Reading dates are November 16-28. It’s ok if you start a little late, you can still participate! Check out the Read-a-Thon packet that contains all the program details, sponsor sheet, reading log and a bonus coloring activity sheet.
The PTSA has also designed the program this year to increase reading participation!
- Every participant will receive a special edition HW bookmark.
- The class with the most participants (top class per grade level) will get a cookie coupon for each student in the winning class.
- Top fundraiser per grade level will receive a book of their choice and a Super Reader Goodie Bag.
- Last but not least– if your child reaches their recommended grade-level reading goal, they will be entered into a raffle to win an awesome prize– a $50 shopping spree at Math ‘n’ Stuff or Third Place Books with Dr. V. There will be one raffle prize per grade level.
To be eligible for prizes, please return forms and collected pledges in person at Hazel Wolf on December 2nd or 3rd from 2:30-4:30pm or by emailing to email@example.com.
Packet PDF, sample pledge letter and key dates can be found at: www.hazelwolfk8.org/read-a-thon.
Check out books from Hazel Wolf Library: Tuesday, November 17th is the last day to put library books on hold to check out before the break! Here is a how-to guide. This week is extra special as there will be ten “Golden Tickets” placed in random books. There’s only one way to be a winner… you have to check out some books! Book pick-up will be on Thursday, November 19th from 2:30-4:30.
It’s nearly time for the annual Hazel Wolf Read-a-Thon! Check out this video to meet our new librarian Dr. V and get more details about this year’s Read-a-Thon:
The Read-a-Thon reading period starts November 16 and goes through November 28.
Come to the HW library book pick up at school this Thurs. or Fri., Nov. 12 or 13 from 2:30pm-4:30pm and get your Read-A-Thon packet and meet Dr. V. When you pick up your packet, you can also get a hot cocoa packet to enjoy during the Read-A-Loud with Dr. V to kick off Read-A-Thon. (If you can’t come pick up during this time, packets will also be available in front of the school and online here.)
Read-A-Thon 2020 kicks off with a Read-a-Loud event with Dr. V on Mon, Nov. 16. This is another chance to meet Dr. V. and will bring together grade bands at 6:30pm for K-2; 6:45pm for 3-5, and 7:00pm for 6-8. Get your hot cocoa ready and don’t forget your cozy jammies! To participate, register here.
Happy reading, everyone!
- November 12 and 13 – Packet & Hot Cocoa Pick-up from 2:30-4:30pm at Hazel Wolf
- November 16 – Read-A-Thon Kickoff and cozy Read-a-Loud with Dr. V! (K-2 at 6:30pm; 3-5 at 6:45pm; 6-8 at 7:00pm)
- November 19 – One last library book pick-up before the break.
- November 23 – Read-a-Loud with Mystery Reader (K-2 at 6:30pm; 3-5 at 6:45pm; 6-8 at 7:00pm)
- November 28 – Last day of Read-A-Thon
- November 29 – December 2 – Count minutes & collect pledges
- December 2 & 3 – Turn all funds and paperwork in at Hazel Wolf from 2:30-4:30pm or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can make Read-A-Thon contributions online at: https://hazelwolfk8.ejoinme.org/2020ReadAThon
Spirit Gear Flash Sale is on now and ends soon!!! Do not delay, this sale is a quickie– online orders are due Sunday, November 15th.
Don’t miss out on the classics like the Wolf Pact T-shirt and logo baseball T-shirt. Also check out the fun *new gear* like the Hazel Wolf masks and bracelets.
Deliveries/pickups will be coordinated in mid/late December around the winter break. This is your one and only chance to order Hazel Wolf swag and “put a wolf on it” until spring.
As always, proceeds from Spirit Gear sales make Hazel Wolf K-8 programming available to everyone. Thanks for your support, Wolfpack!
The Hazel Wolf Coat Drive is still happening. We have 30 outstanding coat requests and more requests coming in. Help keep our community warm and safe this winter season and consider donating a coat. We made the process easy by setting up a Target wishlist:
SHOP the HW Coat Drive Wishlist
Place an order through the wishlist. The order will ship directly to a Coat Drive volunteer specialist during checkout. Then coats will be delivered through the Family Support delivery system. Prices range from $20-52.
Thank you if you have already donated!
Thank you to Tracy Moran and Kelly Martineau for leading this year’s coat drive!
The deadline for the Reflections Art Contest is this Friday, October 30th! The theme is “I Matter Because…” and students can submit artwork in six categories (visual arts, photography, film production, dance choreography, music composition, and literature).
There is now a Google doc that you can use to submit your student’s information: https://forms.gle/U6NjiadouuMV1TaR9
If Google docs don’t work for you, please reach out to Tatiana Kaminsky at email@example.com. She has other options available for gathering needed information. She will also work with you to collect your student’s artwork!
Download the 2020-21 Reflections flyer
Did you know that Hazel Wolf receives 10 cents for every valid Box Top for Education that we submit? Last year we made over $400 from families, friends, and staff who clipped them and dropped them off in the front office.
This year we are going digital! Have you heard about the Box Tops app on your phone? It’s the new way to earn cash for our school—no clipping required.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Download the Box Tops app at https://www.boxtops4education.com
2. BUY participating products.
3. SCAN your receipt with the app. Use the app to snap a photo within 14 days of purchase.
4. EARN cash for our school. Each Box Top is worth 10¢ for our school.
Look for Box Tops on everything from granola bars to plastic bags. You can find a list of products here.
Thank you for supporting Hazel Wolf K-8 PTSA!