We’re pleased to announce that Early Bird auction tickets are now available for purchase! Get them by January 25 to save $15. Buy tickets online here: https://hazelwolfk8.ejoinme.org/2019Auction
Interested in volunteering? There are a variety of volunteer opportunities on the day of the auction. Check out the online signup here: http://signup.com/go/DJYhYov or contact email@example.com with any questions.
The auction is Hazel Wolf K-8’s biggest fundraiser of the year and biggest party of the year. Everyone in our community is welcome to attend! (Also, remember that this year’s auction is on a Saturday!)
Can’t attend the auction? We will miss you! You can still contribute to this amazing fundraiser by procuring items and volunteering behind the scenes. Also, this year we are adding the option to obtain some auction items online from the comfort of your home and contribute to the Fund-A-Need.
Happy New Year, Wolfpack! We hope the first week back at school went smoothly for everyone!
The PTSA is looking to fill several volunteer spots in the coming weeks, and the latest opportunities have been posted on the Volunteer page—check them out and please sign up if you are able! Specifically, we are looking for help with:
- ELL Enrollment Night on Jan. 29: flyer distribution leading up to the event, donations of beverages, and assistance on the night of the event. Sign up »
- E-STEM Career Day on Feb. 6: presenters in different areas, and volunteers to help the presenters. Sign up to be a presenter »
- School Tour Guides: tour guides for morning tours on Jan. 31 and Feb. 7 and evening tour on Feb. 6. Sign up »
In addition, the Auction Committee is looking for volunteers leading up to and on the day of the auction, Sat., March 30! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t forget to submit your online yearbook orders by tomorrow, December 31! Go to Lifetouch to order your yearbook online: $21 for your hardcover yearbook https://ybpay.lifetouch.com/Order/SelectJob. The Yearbook ID code for Hazel Wolf K-8 is 10532219.
Hazel Wolf K-8 is a vibrant learning community that values parent involvement. The PTSA is here to help facilitate that involvement and to support our school in many ways.
So far this school year we have:
- Provided teachers with classroom grants and supported a variety of special projects
- Organized the movie “Angst” for our families and 5th-8th grade students
- Brought our community together at the start of school open house, coffee breaks, multicultural potluck night, and our 3rd annual Toy Swap
- Organized staff appreciation events
- Kept families informed through the PTSA website, Facebook, and the monthly Paw Print newsletter
- Completed the Hazel Wolf K-8 Reflections art contest
- Organized weeding parties to keep our campus beautiful, and started several new recycling programs
- Organized coat, food, and snack drives to support our families
This work relies on donations from our families. Please consider making a gift today. Your contribution helps fund important programs that support our children, and 100% of your gift supports the school. Our goal is $9,000 for our direct appeal! Thank you for your generosity.
Ways to give:
Cash or check: Please make checks out to Hazel Wolf K-8 PTSA and return it to your student’s classroom or home teacher, or the office.
If your employer matches your donation, please let us know. If you have any questions, contact our Fundraising Chair, Debi Backstrom, at email@example.com.
Kim Steffensmeier, PTSA President
Hazel Wolf K-8 PTSA is a 501(c)(3) organization and donations are tax deductible.
Please support Hazel Wolf families in need this winter break!
We are accepting non-perishable, non-expired food donations through December 18. We are asking each grade to donate specific foods:
- Kindergarten: mac & cheese and granola bars
- 1st Grade: cookies and cereal
- 2nd Grade: peanut butter and jelly
- 3rd Grade: milk in aseptic cartons and tortillas
- 4th Grade: canned meat/tuna and crackers
- 5th Grade: pasta and pasta sauce
- 6th Grade: bag of onions and applesauce/canned fruit
- 7th Grade: dried and canned beans and rice
- 8th Grade: canned soup/stew and bag of oranges or apples
Deliver items to the bin in the front lobby area near the main office.
If you would like to receive food during winter break, please submit the following information to the front office by Dec. 17: Name, phone number, student name(s), number in household, and any special needs or requests. You can pick up your food bags from the Hazel Wolf office from Dec. 19-21.
If you would like to volunteer to help with the food drive, please contact Stacey Mill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Session 3 for Kid’s U is officially open! The session will run January 7 to March 1. The Y is offering some exciting new classes exclusively for our 6th-8th graders (Mountaineers and Chess), as well as a chess club for K-5 (from Orangutan Chess Academy). Also, don’t miss Art Wizards, offered on Tuesdays with our very own 4th grade teacher Mrs. Holland!
Instructions for registering are on the Afterschool Programs page. You can also download the registration form for more info.
Staff Appreciation Breakfast is on Friday, December 21 just before Winter Break. We need lots of volunteers to bring goodies and/or help host our terrific staff for this warm outpouring of gratitude. Let’s send the wonderful Hazel Wolf staff on their merry way to winter break with full hearts and full stomachs!
Sign up online at http://signup.com/go/gtAnqxq or email email@example.com.