The YMCA has been working in partnership with Public Health, Department of Children Youth and Families, and local school districts to find ways to support working families who need child care.
Beginning Wednesday, March 18, 2020 from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. the YMCA will offer full-day programming at most YMCA branches throughout King County, including the University YMCA, which runs Kid’s U, Hazel Wolf’s afterschool program.
The purpose is to provide a safe and nurturing place for youth while first responders and health care providers of direct services, and parents/guardians who need to work and do not have support systems readily available.
To register for programming at University YMCA, visit: https://apm.activecommunities.com/seattleymca/Activity_Search?detailskeyword=372052
Please note, YMCA is using a NEW registration process to allow flexibility for families by providing daily options. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
YMCA PREVENTATIVE HEALTH PRACTICES
- Anyone who is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 will be required to remain home.
- Wellness check will be conducted for all staff and youth before attending program, including a temperature check. Anyone with 100.0 F degree or higher will not be allowed to remain.
- Ongoing cleaning will be scheduled during the day, especially in common areas.
- Frequent handwashing and use of hand sanitizers will be used.
- Nightly disinfectant cleaning will be done as an additional measure.
- During the program hours, youth will be organized in small groups (9 youth and 1 staff) and rotate for activities as part of social distancing and meet the developmental needs of youth.
- Parents/Guardians will be dropping off and picking up at the entrance and not allowed to access the program space.
The YMCA is glad to be able to continue to support our community through this difficult time. If you would like to support the Y’s work, please consider making a donation at https://www.seattleymca.org/donate. This will help support families in need, homeless youth programs, and providing meals for youth.
For more information about Kid’s U and Hazel Wolf’s afterschool programming, visit the Afterschool Programs page.