Hazel Wolf’s electronic recycling event has been extended! Pickup of any broken or reusable electronics is now scheduled for Friday, May 4 at 2:00 p.m. Drop off your items in the main office any time before then.
Items that will be accepted:
- TVs & monitors – LCD and plasma
- Computers & laptops
- Servers & networking equipment
- All printers, fax machines and scanners
- AV equipment (DVD/VHS/stereo units)
- UPS battery backups
- Telecom equipment & cell phones
- Keyboards and mice
- Parts, peripherals, cables, etc.
- Microwaves, too!
Why are we doing this?
To highlight the importance of proper disposal of the tons of e-waste that fills our landfills daily as well as pass on any items that are gently used to those in need.
Here are the benefits of eCycling:
- Conserves natural resources. Recycling recovers valuable materials from old electronics that can be used to make new products. As a result, we save energy, reduce pollution, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and save resources by extracting fewer raw materials from the earth.
- Protects your surroundings. Safe recycling of outdated electronics promotes sound management of toxic chemicals such as lead and mercury.
- Helps others. Donating your used electronics benefits your community by passing on ready-to-use or refurbished equipment to those who need it.
- Create jobs. eCycling creates jobs for professional recyclers and refurbishers and creates new markets for the valuable components that are dismantled.
- Saves landfill space. E-waste is a growing waste stream. By recycling these items, landfill space is conserved.