The Hazel Wolf K-8 PTSA has open 2018-2019 board positions. While each position has its own focus, the board collectively makes decisions about how we can best support our school. It does take some time and energy, but the rewards are supporting our school, meeting other families, and being connected to our community.
In particular, we would love the board to be more reflective of our school community in order to represent all families. It is important that we are able to have points of view from all our diverse communities, including families of color, families who speak other languages, families with children with special needs, LGBTQ+ families, and more!
The board meets one evening a month for two hours, with some occasional gatherings or events outside of regular meeting time depending on the position. If you have the time to devote to a board position, or if you feel your viewpoint is currently underrepresented, would you please consider joining us?
Current open positions:
- Student Enrichment Coordinator – This individual will oversee enrichment events that we offer for our students. Some of these events include Literacy Night, the Spelling Bee, and Reflections Art content.
- Family Support Coordinator – This individual will oversee our family support programs, such as our weekend food backpack program, coat drive, and vacation food drives, and continue to look for ways to support our community needs.
- Co-marketing/communications Director – This individual will work with a partner to oversee PTSA communications such as the Paw Print newsletter, Friends of Hazel Wolf Facebook page, and the hazelwolfk8.org website.
- Special Fund Manager – This individual will work with our Treasurers to manage the restricted and designated funds set up by the PTSA (fund-a-need funds and other special money that has been set aside).
- Legislative Liaison – This individual will monitor educational happenings at the district and state level to keep our families informed.
Please contact Kim Steffensmeier at email@example.com if you would like more information, or if you would like to be involved but don’t see the right role for you.