- April 6 (Fri) – Buddy Day /Spirit Day (Decades Day)
- April 9-13 – Spring Break (no school)
- April 19 (Thur) – PTSA Board Mtg. 6:30 pm
- April 26 (Thur) – General PTSA Mtg. 6:30 pm
1. Spring Concert Dates – 1st/2nd/3rd Grade Concert is May 17th at 7 p.m. in the Hazel Wolf Cafetorium. 4th Grade EIM/Vocal Music and 5th Grade EIM concert is May 31st at 7 p.m. in the Hazel Wolf Cafetorium. This is for all 4th graders who have Ms. Burnett AND Mr. Stevens and for 5th graders who only have Mr. Stevens.
2. Lost and Found – There are lots of coats, jackets, lunch boxes, and even socks in the lost and found. Please check it out next time you are there. Also helpful is if you always your child’s name on their coats.
3. K-5 Families – Ms. Riippa will be offering our after-school Art Wizards program again after Spring Break. Students will be receiving flyers in class this week. The program will follow the same curriculum over the 8 week course as we have covered over the past 8 weeks. While the lessons are the same, students will be able to draw different subjects than in the last session. Classes will be on Mondays only for this session, but two classes a week will likely be offered again in the fall.
4. Camp Invention – Camp Invention is looking to appoint a parent to the Camp Parent position to be a liaison for promotions and to build awareness of the week-long program July 9-13. In exchange for help the first immediate child can attend for free and additional children can enroll at a discounted rate. If you are interested please contact Annette Phillips at 206.457.4486 or email@example.com.
5. Parent Support Group – Thanks to the 15 people who attended the first parent support group meeting on March 12th. We had a great discussion of resources and made plans for future meetings. Our next group meeting will be on April 23rd, May 14th, and June 11th. They’ll be held from 7-8:30 pm in the library at Hazel Wolf. Your kiddo doesn’t need to have an IEP or 504 to come. Bring your questions and all your ideas!
6. PTSA Reflections Art Contest Award – One of our Hazel Wolf K8 Reflections Finalists, Asher Billups, grade 2, received an Award of Merit for his original music composition, Reach for the Red Planet, in the Pre-K through Grade 2 category! Asher was one of 9 students from our school selected to move on to the WA State level of the competition. Congratulations, Asher!
7. Final Auction Information – Thank you to our Wolf Pack community for making this year’s auction out of this world! Galactic fun was had and, once again, our community’s generosity was over the moon. Reconciliation is not complete but our unofficial grand total was$120,000 with $27,000 to Fund a Need!!!
While we all feel we’ve fallen into a bit of a black hole now that the auction is over, never fear! There are a few remaining items and parties at prices that will make you see stars! If you are interested in any of the following items or experiences, please contact Sabrina Howell at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, April 2 to stake your claim.
Tickets to specific shows (or one-time passes):
- 2 tickets to JACK Quartet at Town Hall Seattle. Show is May 10th at 7:30 pm
JACK Quartet operates as a non-profit organization dedicated to the performance, commissioning, and spread of new string quartet music. They have performed at Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, Teatro Colon, and more. They will be joined by former Seattle Symphony stand-out Joshua Roman for a performance of “Tornado”.
- 2 tickets to Jim French’s Imagination Theater on April 9 – $20
Whether it is a Sherlock Holmes adaptation or an episode of Harry Nile, you can always expect a double-bill with Imagination Theater–suspense, adventure, and of course, mystery! Tickets are valid for Jim French’s Imagination Theater on Monday, April 9th, 2018 at 7:30pm at the Kirkland Performance Center.
- 2 tickets to Seattle Children’s Theater (any evening show, exp May 2019) – $45
- 2 tickets to Everett Silvertips Hockey game – $25
- 2 matinee tickets to Can Can Kitchen – $25
- 2 general admission matinee tickets to a CAN CAN Kitchen and Cabaret performance. http://www.thecancan.com/
- 4 passes to MoPop (general entry – does not include special exhibitions) – $55
- 4 passes to Pacific Science Center (expires on 7/31/2019) – $50
- 4 tickets to Imagine Children’s Museum – $22
- Seattle Gymnastics Academy Indoor Playground Punch Card – $15
Physical Items or services:
- “Underneath the Daffodils” print artwork – $100
- $750 Full Circle HCG Weight Loss Program – $75
- Huntington Learning Ctr – 5 hours of tutoring – $20 (we have two of these)
- Sinsational In-office teeth whitening system (value $150) -$75
- Yuen Lui GC (value $100) – $50
- 1 private pilates lesson – $ 40
- 1 free delivery from Full Circle Farm – $20
- 2018 Galactic Wolfpack Auction commemorative glasses – 2 for $10
- Olive Garden Gift Card (value $40) – $30
- Frye Art Museum Annual Membership – $30 (this is a great deal!)
- Seattle Art Museum, Annual Family Membership – $50 (this is a great deal!)
HW Parent-hosted PARTIES (price is per party spot):
- Texas Hold ‘Em (9 spots available. Saturday, May 5 @ 7 pm. Lake City Way Eagles Club) – $100
- Pinehurst Crawl (5 spots available. Saturday, August 4, 4-9 pm.) – $200
- Kindergarten bowling with the teachers (8 spots available. Sunday, May 20, 2-4 pm. Kenmore Lanes) – $150
- Total Wine Wine Tasting (7 spots available. June 2, 4-6 pm. Total Wine Northgate) – $25
- Custom Hula Hoop Making Party (8 spots on June 16 1-3pm) – $25
- Mini Golf with the 5th Grade Teachers (4 spots on June 2) – $50
1. Hazel Wolf Night at Safeco Field – May 5th – Join the Hazel Wolf community at the Mariners game vs. the Angels at 6:10 pm. View Seats are available for the discount price of $13.00. All orders due in the office by April 6th. Download the flier for more information.
2. 2018 Family Survey – The Family Survey will be available until April 8th. Please, take 10 minutes to complete the survey electronically at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2PDNYGB or pick up a paper copy of the survey in the office. We would love to have input from all adults in our school community.
3. 2018-2019 PTSA Board – Are you interested in being more involved in our school? Do you enjoy organizing events, helping families, learning about our school district, or connecting with our staff? Want to be involved in deciding where the PTSA focuses our support? The Hazel Wolf K-8 PTSA has openings on the board for next year, including:
- Co-Marketing & Communications Coordinator – make sure our families stay up-to-date
- Family Support Coordinator – oversee the programs that support our families
- Membership Coordinator – maintain our membership database and develop membership strategy
- Student Enrichment Coordinator – oversee leads for student enrichment programs
- Staff Support Coordinator – coordinate financial support for our teachers and staff
- Legislative Liaison – keep our community informed about district and legislate changes
- Special Fund Coordinator – work with our treasurers and school staff to manage PTSA special funds
Contact Kim Steffensmeier at email@example.com if you’d like to learn more about these roles or other ways to be involved.