- Mar 12 (Mon) – Parent Support Group 7:00 pm
- Mar 14 (Wed) – School Musical 7:00 pm
- Mar 15 (Thur) – School Musical 7:00 pm
- Mar 16 (Fri) – School Musical 4:30 and 7:00 pm
- Mar 23 (Fri) – Auction
1. FINAL CALL for 8th grade baby photos for the yearbook. Send to email@example.com
2. Middle School Parents – Please speak with your student about appropriate language for school. Middle school students often try out language that is considered swearing. Please have a discussion about language expectations at home and let them know that the expectation at school is that they save the swearing for elsewhere, especially considering we have a school with students as young as 5 years old.
3. The 7th Grade is going to perform original radio dramas at the MoPop Museum on March 23rd. Though permission slips were sent home almost 3 weeks ago, only about half of the 7th grade have turned in their permission slips and admission fees. Please encourage your 7th grade student to take care of this! We are also looking for approximately 5 more chaperones to accompany us on this trip. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are interested in chaperoning!
4. Auction News
- Tickets are still available. Please join us for a fun and galactic evening to support our PTSA.
- The morning CURBSIDE collection for WINE has been EXTENDED until Friday the 16th! Bring your bottles valued at $15 and up to the parent volunteer stationed on the sidewalk. There will ALSO be a parent volunteer to collect at the 7pm shows of SEUSSICAL Jr. on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday!
- There are still a TON of volunteers spots open for the day and night of the auction. Please take a look at the online volunteer sign-up list to see if you could help with any available spot! https://signup.com/client/invitation2/secure/2019486/false#/invitation
- Do you have an awesome DESSERT recipe you would like to share? We still need folks to sign up for desserts for the dessert dash, Please contact email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and what you would like to contribute! Desserts can also be delivered or picked up the night before the auction. If that works, let us know.
- Look on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Friends.HazelWolfK8 for sneak peeks of the classroom projects, all this week and next!
5. NEW Hazel Wolf parent support group: Does Your Child Have an IEP, 504, or Behavioral or Learning Challenges? Are you trying to navigate the school system and find the right resources? Do you feel like you’re the only one? Well, you’re not. Come to our first Hazel Wolf parent-run, parent-support meeting on Monday, March 12th at 7:00 pm in the Hazel Wolf library to learn and share your own resources, tips, and tricks. Plan to bring your knowledge and questions but to leave your judgments at home. There will be a volunteer parent facilitator to help keep things on track and on topic. Please RSVP to email@example.com. Also, if you’re interested but can’t make it, let us know that too. Sadly, childcare will NOT be provided. Hope to see you there!
1. SPRING ULTIMATE FRISBEE (GRADES 6-7-8, CO-ED) – All Hazel Wolf middle schoolers are invited to play Ultimate frisbee! If you are new to Ultimate, click here to learn more about the sport. Also, click here to read about the Spirit of the Game.
In the spring, Ultimate is not a school district sport, but the Hazel Wolf community has a strong tradition of playing Ultimate – both through DiscNW’s organized leagues and tournaments, and less formally after school or on weekends.
This spring there is a small group of parent volunteers coordinating some recreational and competitive activities, as follows:
RECREATIONAL – Kent Koth will host pick-up Ultimate at Maple Leaf park on Saturdays starting March 17. All are welcome, but Kent needs contact information to coordinate. Please contact Kent if interested / for more information: 206-617-2882; firstname.lastname@example.org.
There may also be some after-school pick-up opportunities on Mondays and Wednesdays at Pinehurst Park – we have the field reserved and are looking for a parent/guardian who can commit to hosting that activity! Please contact Kent if you can help: 206-617-2882; email@example.com.
COMPETITIVE – Kevin Rack will coach a limited-roster, competitive team in DiscNW’s Spring League (starting March 10), and if invited to participate, Spring Reign tournament (April 28-29).
2. 3-5 Ultimate Frisbee: This year 3-5 Ultimate Frisbee will be intramural style (an in-house league) with one day of practice (Tues) and of one of games (Thurs) each week after school (teams to be determined). The season is March 13 – May 3. Have questions? Contact one of our volunteer coaches.
For more info and to register go to https://hazelwolfk8.org and download the information packet and registration form.
3. Middle School Spring Sports Deadlines, Practice Start Dates and Start Dates of Games:
Volleyball- paperwork due March 15th; first day of practice March 20th; games start March 24th
Track- paperwork due March 22nd; first day of practice March 27th; meets start March 31st
Information including necessary paperwork was distributed before break at the student Spring Sports Meeting and can also be found on the school website at http://hazelwolfk8.seattleschools.org/student_activities/Athletics. Packets can also be picked up at the front office.