- Mar 9 (Fri) Band Festival at Whitman
- Mar 10 (Sat) Hazel Wolf’s B-Day
- Mar 14 (Wed) School Musical 7:00 pm
- Mar 15 (Thur) School Musical 7:00 pm
- Mar 16 (Fri) School Musical 4:30 and 7:00 pm
1. SPRING ULTIMATE FRISBEE (GRADES 6-7-8, CO-ED) – All Hazel Wolf middle schoolers are invited to play Ultimate frisbee! If you are new to Ultimate, click here to learn more about the sport. Also, click here to read about the Sprit of the Game.
In the spring, Ultimate is not a school district sport, but the Hazel Wolf community has a strong tradition of playing Ultimate – both through DiscNW’s organized leagues and tournaments, and less formally after school or on weekends.
This spring there is a small group of parent volunteers coordinating some recreational and competitive activities, as follows:
RECREATIONAL – Kent Koth will host pick-up Ultimate at Maple Leaf park on Saturdays starting March 17. All are welcome, but Kent needs contact information to coordinate. Please contact Kent if interested / for more information: 206-617-2882; firstname.lastname@example.org. There may also be some after-school pick-up opportunities on Mondays and Wednesdays at Pinehurst Park – we have the field reserved and are looking for a parent/guardian who can commit to hosting that activity! Please contact Kent if you can help: 206-617-2882; email@example.com.
COMPETITIVE – Kevin Rack will coach a limited-roster, competitive team in DiscNW’s Spring League (starting March 10), and if invited to participate, Spring Reign tournament (April 28-29).
2. 3-5 Ultimate Frisbee: This year 3-5 Ultimate Frisbee will be intramural style (an in-house league) with one day of practice (Tues) and of one of games (Thurs) each week after school (teams to be determined). The season is March 13 – May 3. Have questions? Contact one of our volunteer coaches.
For more info and to register go to https://hazelwolfk8.org/2018/03/01/spring-ultimate-frisbee-info/ and download the information packet and registration form.
3. Middle School Sports
Middle school spring sports are right around the corner starting with Boys’ Soccer next week. Girls’ Volleyball and Co-ed Track begin later in the month. All interested athletes need to submit the necessary paperwork before starting practice.
Information, including needed forms and due dates, was distributed before break at the student Spring Sports Meeting and can also be found on the school website at
http://hazelwolfk8.seattleschools.org/student_activities/Athletics. Packets can also be picked up at the front office.
School pay can now be used to submit the athletic fees: https://www.schoolpay.com/pay/for/Spring-Sports–/Mc66?p=yes
We are pleased to report that we are in process of hiring two qualified volleyball coaches. Contact Chrys Hunstiger firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. GO WOLVES!!
4. NEW Hazel Wolf parent support group: Does Your Child Have an IEP, 504, or Behavioral or Learning Challenges? Are you trying to navigate the school system and find the right resources? Do you feel like you’re the only one? Well, you’re not. Come to our first Hazel Wolf parent-run, parent-support meeting on Monday, March 12th at 7:00 pm in the Hazel Wolf library to learn and share your own resources, tips, and tricks. Plan to bring your knowledge and questions but to leave your judgments at home. There will be a volunteer parent facilitator to help keep things on track and on topic. Please RSVP to email@example.com. Also, if you’re interested but can’t make it, let us know that too. Sadly, childcare will NOT be provided. Hope to see you there!
5. Auction Video Editing: Do you have experience shooting or editing videos? If so we need your help! The auction committee needs volunteers to help create a video in the next couple weeks. Please contact Emily Suitor at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have skills you can share.
6. Auction Updates:
Tickets have almost sold out! Head to the PTSA website to get yours while they last!
Volunteers, head to the volunteer sign-up site to sign up for a spot! http://signup.com/go/ugrxNmK
Bring desserts for the dessert dash, including decadent delights, gluten free, chocolate anything… we need it all! Contact email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and what you would like to contribute.
Wine is needed for the wine grab! Bottles should be valued at $15 and up. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
7. Hazel Wolf Musical! Seussical Jr. – The musical based on the works of Dr. Seuss! Wednesday and Thursday, March 14th & 15th @ 7:00 PM; Friday, March 16th @ 4:30 PM. Tickets Adults $7/ Kids $5.