- Feb 5 (Mon) – Spelling Bee 3:40 pm
- Feb 7 (Wed) – Evening Tour 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- Feb 8 (Thur) – Daytime Tour 9:30 – 11:00 am
- Feb 12 (Mon) – Daytime Tour 9:30 – 11:00 am
- Feb 16 (Fri) – Book It Theatre Performance for K-5
Drop Off and Pick Up Reminder – The back parking lot is not to be used for drop off and pick up. This is a safety issue and there is no supervision. Please drop off on 12th Ave only. After school, please park in the neighborhood and walk up to pick up your child, or have a set meeting place. There is not enough space for drive by pick up. If you are asked to move your vehicle by an adult, please be respectful.
1. Walk To Math Program – As most of you are aware, we currently have a math program which allows elementary students to receive instruction a year ahead, and middle school students up to two years when they demonstrate the ability to do so. The leadership team is currently reviewing this practice as we have seen several pros and cons of it over the last few years. We are committed to challenging your student where they are, nourishing their passion for math, and providing them a solid mathematical base to further assure their success at the higher levels. As we develop possible alternatives, or identify any changes for next year, we will provide a forum for parent input and feedback.
2. Jump Rope for Heart – Fundraising information coming home on Friday for K-5. Jump Rope for Heart is running until the end of February. Students will be learning to jump rope, learning jump rope skills and activities, and learning more information on how to keep the heart healthy! Participation in the fundraiser is optional, and not required.
3. Vision and Hearing Screening – Part of the school nurse’s role is to conduct vision and hearing screenings for grades K-3, 5, and 7. Parent(s)/guardian(s) will be notified if a student fails a vision or hearing screen.
4. Auction Tickets – Have you bought tickets yet for the most fund parent social event of the YEAR? Don’t forget to book your babysitter!!
The auction is on Friday March 23rd from 5-11. Tickets are currently $40. The early bird pricing ends the second week of February and then tickets will be $50 online and then $75 at the door. Head to the PTSA website for the link to purchase tickets at https://hazelwolfk8.org/auction/.
5. Auction Procurement – We need AMAZING, fun, COOL stuff, items, experiences to make this auction a fantastic fundraiser!
Do you have Sounders tickets, Mariners, Storm, Seahawks? Enjoy the arts? Tickets to local musicals and theatres are always loved. Team up with other families to host a dinner party or art walk or pub crawl? Do you have access to behind-the-scenes tours? Always popular, our families love “back of the house” tours of fun places they might not be able to tour without someone in the know. Restaurant gift certificates, hotel stays, timeshare cabins? If you have any questions contact our procurement chair Tabitha Burns at email@example.com. If you need more procurement forms they are on the PTSA website at https://hazelwolfk8.org/auction/.
1. 3rd Grade Students and Families – We are beginning our recorder unit in music class. Students will be given a recorder to use in class. Many students would like to be able to practice at home, but they cannot take home the classroom recorders. We will be selling both a recorder and a practice music book for a total of $10.00. The recorders will be just like the ones students use in music class. If, however, your students already have a recorder at home, then they have the option of just purchasing the book for $4.00. Scholarships are also available to students in need. Please email or call Ms. Burnett and let her know if your student needs a scholarship.
If you would like to purchase a recorder for your student, please go to The Source at https://ps.seattleschools.org/public/
Login with parent/guardian credentials and then click on. You will be able to use your credit or debit card. You can also send $4/$10 cash or checks made out to Hazel Wolf K-8 and give to Ms. Burnett. If you are able to donate a couple extra dollars for students needing a scholarship, that would be great, too!
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-252-4638.