- Jan 29 (Mon) – Evening Tour 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- Jan 30 (Tue) – Daytime Tour 9:30 – 11:00 am
- Jan 31 (Wed) – No School – Day between Semesters
- Feb 1 (Thur) – ELL Enrollment Night 5:00 pm
- Feb 2 (Fri) – Buddy Day – Spirit Day (Favorite Book Character)
- Feb 5 (Mon) – Spelling Bee 3:40 pm
- Feb 7 (Wed) – Evening Tour 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- Feb 8 (Thur) – Daytime Tour 9:30 – 11:00 am
Drop Off and Pick Up Reminder – The back parking lot is not to be used for drop off and pick up. This is a safety issue and there is no supervision. Please drop off on 12th Ave only. After school, please park in the neighborhood and walk up to pick up your child, or have a set meeting place. There is not enough space for drive by pick up. If you are asked to move your vehicle by an adult, please be respectful.
1. 3rd Grade Students and Families – We are beginning our recorder unit in music class. Students will be given a recorder to use in class. Many students would like to be able to practice at home, but they cannot take home the classroom recorders. We will be selling both a recorder and a practice music book for a total of $10.00. The recorders will be just like the ones students use in music class. If, however, your students already have a recorder at home, then they have the option of just purchasing the book for $4.00. Scholarships are also available to students in need. Please email or call Ms. Burnett and let her know if your student needs a scholarship.
If you would like to purchase a recorder for your student, please go to The Source at https://ps.seattleschools.org/public/. Login with parent/guardian credentials and then click on SchoolPay. You will be able to use your credit or debit card. You can also send $4/$10 cash or checks made out to Hazel Wolf K-8 and give to Ms. Burnett. If you are able to donate a couple extra dollars for students needing a scholarship, that would be great, too!
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at email@example.com or call 206-252-4638.
2. HW Spring Ultimate – More information coming soon, including tryouts for the MS Spring League/Spring Reign team, and the Elementary Intramural Program.
1. ELL Enrollment Night – Please help spread the word that Hazel Wolf is hosting an ELL Enrollment Night for English Language Learners at Hazel Wolf on Thursday 2/1/18 from 5:00-7:00 PM. This will be an opportunity for families of potential students to complete application forms. Interpreters will be present.
If you are interested in helping to distribute flyers, donating refreshments, or lending a hand on the night of the event, please sign up on the volunteer spot, or email Kelly at: Operations@hazelwolfk8.org or sign up at http://signup.com/go/7T9HcH.
Do you have relatives, neighbors, or friends that speak a language other than English who are interesting in enrolling at Hazel Wolf? If you do, contact Rachel Projansky at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-252-4610 (ext. 4623).
2. MS Sports: Girls Volleyball coaches needed for spring season March through June. Please pass the word and have any interested candidates contact Chrys Hunstiger for more information.
3. Volunteers Needed:
- School Tours: We still need tour guides for the upcoming school tours. If you can help please sign up at http://signup.com/go/PmGZDFL
- Spelling Bee: We still need several volunteers to have a successful spelling bee on 2/5. If you can help please email Christa Kleiner at email@example.com
4. February 2018 Elementary Menu – download by clicking the link