- January 24th (Wednesday):
E-STEM Career Day
PTSA General Mtg. & Parent Discussion 6:30 pm, and Reflections Recognitions 5:45
- January 27th (Saturday):
Pancake Breakfast 8 – 10:00 am
Boys JV 1 at JAMS 8:30 am
Girls JV at JAMS 8:30 am
Boys JV 2 at Madison 12:45 pm
Varsity Basketball at Ingraham 2:00 pm
- February 5th (Monday):
Spelling Bee 3:40 pm
1. ELL Enrollment Night – Please help spread the word that Hazel Wolf is hosting an ELL Enrollment Night for English Language Learners at Hazel Wolf on Thursday 2/1/18 from 5:00-7:00 PM. This will be an opportunity for families of potential students to complete application forms. Interpreters will be present.
If you are interested in helping to distribute flyers, donating refreshments, or lending a hand on the night of the event, please sign up on the volunteer spot, or email Kelly at: Operations@hazelwolfk8.org or sign up at http://signup.com/go/7T9HcH
Do you have relatives, neighbors, or friends that speak a language other than English who are interesting in enrolling at Hazel Wolf? If you do, contact Rachel Projansky at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-252- 4610 (ext. 4623)
2. PTSA General Meeting and Parent Discussion Night! Join us at the PTSA January General Session meeting! We will have a short business meeting followed by a special presentation, “Talking With Your Kids About Race and Racism,” whether in the school yard, in the news, or around the globe. All Hazel Wolf K8 community members are welcome!
The presenters will be Aselefech Evans, who is the Equity and Inclusion Coordinator for Cross Cultural Health Programs, and Maureen McCauley, who has an extensive professional background in child welfare advocacy, especially around adoption and foster care. We are excited to have our own community members lead this conversation.
Aselefech and Maureen are looking forward to a lively and thoughtful discussion. They welcome everyone to the table, and will provide resources for attendees to take home.
Wednesday, January 24
Location: Hazel Wolf Cafetorium
Time: 6:30-8:00 pm
Volunteer babysitting provided in the library (our babysitters accept tips!).
3. Library book limits have been increased. Due to the fantastic return rates of students, check out limits have been increased for everyone. (Thank you parents for your help!) Kindergarten students may now check out 2 books each week. All other students can check out as many books as they need and can take care of in one week.
4. PJs & Pancakes All School Social – Join other Hazel Wolf families for an all school social event on Saturday, January 27 from 8:30-10:30am in the cafetorium. A catered pancake breakfast will be provided and classic Saturday morning cartoons will be playing on the big-screen. Suggested donation of $5/person, but all are welcome! RSVPs strongly encouraged: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0D4BAEAD2FA3FD0-pjs
5. MS Sports: Girls Volleyball coaches needed for spring season March through June. Please pass the word and have any interested candidates contact Chrys Hunstiger for more information.
JV and Varsity Boys’ and Girls’ Basketball updated schedules of games available on the SPS website http://www.seattleschools.org/departments/athletics/schedules_information/. All five teams have games each weekend through March 10th with playoffs on March 17th. Come cheer on our players and GO WOLVES!!!
6. Student Drop Off – Just a reminder that students should not be dropped in the back parking lot, loading dock area as there is no supervision.
7. 8th graders are invited to submit a photo of themselves as a baby for this year’s yearbook. Ms Palmer’s first period class is creating our yearbook. Provide actual photo to Ms Palmer with name attached OR send an electronic copy (actual size) to email@example.com.
ALSO 8th graders are invited to submit a quote, slogan, song lyric to include in the yearbook. Send it to Ms Palmer electronically with name attached.
7. Volunteers Needed!
Can you help with ESTEM Career Day? We need volunteers to help our presenters on 1/24 – am and pm shifts available. Email Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested or for more information
School tours are coming and we need tour guides! Help us show off our school to prospective parents in January and February. Sign up here: http://signup.com/go/PmGZDFL
Spelling Bee Volunteers – We need several volunteers to help with judging and check in after school on 2/5. If you are interested please email Christa at email@example.com