- Jan 17 (Wed) – William Shakespeare’s Play 7:00 pm
- Jan 20 (Sat) – Varsity Basketball at Ingraham 12:30 pm
- Jan 24 (Wed) – E-STEM Career Day
- Jan 24 (Wed) – PTSA General Mtg. & Parent Discussion 6:30 pm
- Jan 27 (Sat) – Pancake Breakfast 8 – 10:00 am
- Jan 27 (Sat) – Varsity Basketball at Ingraham 2:00 pm
- Feb 5 (Mon) – Spelling Bee 3:40 pm
1. The Auction is Coming! Please look for your Save the Date card that will be coming home via kid mail and book your childcare/babysitters early for this year’s auction on Friday March 23rd, 2018 from 5-11pm at the Shoreline Community College!
Also, be on the lookout for procurement packets and FAQ’s sheets to also be distributed via kid mail. The goal is to have every family provide 2-3 donated items and/or experiences, talk to your local businesses, plan events with friends, if you think it is a fun experience or items chances are that other folks will too!
With all the items and experiences that will be donated the auction committee needs helps with the data entry side of the donations. This job would be taking the donated item/experience info cards and entering the information given into the auction tracking site. Contact Tabitha Burns email@example.com for more information. Are you the auction project room parent? Send your auction idea to class project coordinator Caitlin Ewing firstname.lastname@example.org she makes sure that each class has a distinct project that will work with the existing auction space and timeline.
2. Interview Training – Next week we have a staff and parent interview training from 2:30 – 4:00. This is a required training for anyone wishing to participate in staff hiring. If you are interested in attending, please contact Debbie Nelsen at email@example.com.
3. Open Enrollment Reminder & ELL Enrollment Night – The time for new students to register to attend Hazel Wolf for the 2018-2019 school year is coming up soon! The window to submit a choice application for an Option School is February 5 – 16. We want to reach out and give a special welcome to families who may be new to the country and who speak languages other than English. We need YOUR help. Do you have relatives, neighbors, or friends that speak a language other than English who are interesting in enrolling at Hazel Wolf? If you do, contact Rachel Projansky at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-252-4610 (ext. 4623) with any information you have and the ELL Enrollment Team will reach out to you soon.
Additionally, please help spread the word that Hazel Wolf is hosting an ELL Enrollment Night for English Language Learners at Hazel Wolf on Thursday 2/1/18 from 5:00-7:00 PM. This will be an opportunity for families of potential students to complete application forms. Interpreters will be present.
If you are interested in helping to distribute flyers, donating refreshments, or lending a hand on the night of the event, please sign up on the volunteer spot, or email Kelly at: Operations@hazelwolfk8.org or sign up at http://signup.com/go/7T9HcH
4. PTSA General Meeting and Parent Discussion Night! Join us at the PTSA January General Session meeting on Wednesday, January 24 (6:30 pm)! We will have a short business meeting followed by a special presentation, “Talking With Your Kids About Race and Racism,” whether in the school yard, in the news, or around the globe. All Hazel Wolf K8 community members are welcome!
This is an opportunity for our community to have a conversation about the implications of race within our school community. With our school district focused on reducing the racial achievement gap and our school being selected as part of this year’s racial equity team cohort, the PTSA would like to support open conversations about race within our school community. We are excited to have our own community members lead this conversation.
The presenters will be Aselefech Evans, who is the Equity and Inclusion Coordinator for Cross Cultural Health Programs, and Maureen McCauley, who has an extensive professional background in child welfare advocacy, especially around adoption and foster care. Together, they are the black mother and white grandmother respectively of one of our HW students. They have given numerous presentations and workshops, together and separately, on the topic of race, as well as on interracial families, racial identity, cultural competency, and more.
Aselefech and Maureen are looking forward to a lively and thoughtful discussion. They welcome everyone to the table, and will provide resources for attendees to take home.
Location: Hazel Wolf Cafetorium
Time: 6:30-8:00 pm
Volunteer babysitting provided in the library (our babysitters accept tips!)
Also, do you love art? Just prior to our meeting we will be recognizing the students who entered the Reflections contest this year. Join us to celebrate their art from 5:45 – 6:15.
5. Drama Class Presentation:
The Hazel Wolf Drama Class Presents…
Verily, a New Hope
by Ian Doescher
January 17th at 7:00PM
in the Hazel Wolf Cafetorium
Admission is FREE
Recommended for grades four and above due to onstage combat and death.
1. SPELLING BEE: Hey Wolfpack, it’s time for the Annual Spelling Bee Monday, February 5th at 3:40 pm in the Cafetorium. If you have never entered and or are a seasoned participant we can’t wait to see you at the Bee!
To register, watch for materials coming home or e-mail email@example.com with your name, grade, teacher and e-mail address. We will assure you get a printed word list, rules and an invitation to the online National Spelling Bee website that allows you to use free kindle books and study guides.
2. Volunteers Needed:
a. School tours are coming and we need tour guides! Help us show off our school to prospective parents in January and February. Sign up here: http://signup.com/go/PmGZDFL
b. Can you help with ESTEM Career Day? We need volunteers to help our presenters on 1/24 – am and pm shifts available. Email Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested or for more information
a. Spelling Bee Volunteers – We need several volunteers to help with judging and check in after school on 2/5. If you are interested please email Christa at email@example.com.