- Nov 30 (Thur) – 4th Grade to Roosevelt Jazz Nutcracker
- Dec 1 (Fri) – Buddy Day/Spirit Day – Pajamas (Jan spirit day – Super Heroes)
- Dec 2 (Sat) – Toy Swap 10 am – 12 pm
- Dec 5 (Tue) – 3-5 Vocal Music Concert 7:00 pm
- Dec 7 (Thur) – MS Music Concert 7:00 pm
1. MS Basketball – All basketball paperwork is due Wednesday, November 29th. Packets were handed out at the student information meeting or can be found on the Hazel Wolf website.
2. Auditions for School Musical are December 11th and 12th with Call-backs on December 14th. Audition/Crew information and sign-ups are now posted outside of Ms. Burnett’s room (112). Actors must come to one audition day and be available for call-backs. Rehearsals start right when we get back from Winter Break! If you want to be an actor/singer in the play, then you have to be available for all rehearsals you are called for (usually M/T/R with some Friday’s closer to opening the show.) If you are interested in being on crew, you can do other activities as you will not be at as many rehearsals as the actors. There will be an informational meeting on January 9th from 3:30-4:15 p.m. for all students interested in crew. Hope to see you all there for auditions or crew!! If you have any questions, please email Ms. Burnett at email@example.com.
3. Attention all 3rd and 5th grade families! This is a reminder of our upcoming Winter Concert on Tuesday, December 5th, at 7 p.m. in the Hazel Wolf Cafeteria. This is a required performance for all 3rd and 5thgraders. It’s our chance to show off our learning and share our music for the first trimester! Students need to be at Hazel Wolf by 6:40 p.m. for warm-ups. Families can grab seating while we warm-up. This is a dress up occasion. Please, no shorts or sweats. If your students do not have a dress up outfit, then they can wear a Hazel Wolf t-shirt instead. We hope you can all join us for the fun night of music! Any questions, feel free to email Ms. Burnett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Nathan Hale High School Information Nights
Future and prospective parents/guardians and students are invited to join us for one of the following informational evenings:
Wednesday, December 6, 2017, and Tuesday, February 13, 2018
6:00PM – 7:00PM Information Tables and Tours in Commons (last tour leaves Commons at 6:40)
7:00PM – 8:30PM Presentation and Questions in Performing Arts Center
Topics: Courses offered; structure of 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th grades; school culture and philosophy; schools communication and opportunities for connections within the Nathan Hale community.
5. Toy Swap 2017 – Trying to motivate your children to let go of unloved toys? Want to clear space in your home before the holidays? Interested in making a little extra holiday cash? Rent a table at the event in the Hazel Wolf cafetorium to sell your gently-used toys, books, and gear! Please contact Zoe and Zarah at email@example.com with questions. Thank you!
Date: Saturday, December 2, 2017
Time: 10am – 12pm
Cost: $6/adult, $4/student (per half lunch table)
- If you or your child would like to rent a table to sell at the event: fill out the Toy Swap Sellers Form.
- If you would like to volunteer on the day of the Toy Swap (5-8 volunteers): sign up at http://signup.com/go/VBhCtsm.
- If you would like to provide baked goods for the event: sign up at http://signup.com/go/zqdRpSR.
- If you can provide donations for the PTSA to cover costs of the event: make a donation at https://hazelwolfk8.ejoinme.org/give or give a check made out to Hazel Wolf K-8 PTSA to the main office.
6. Reflections Update
A huge thanks to everyone who submitted art to the Reflections Art Contest this year! The theme was “Within Reach” and the amazing artistic talent of our Hazel Wolf K8 students really shone through in every piece that was turned in. We received a total of 31 submissions!! 30 were visual art and one was a music composition. Thanks to our judges who did a wonderful and tough job of voting for 11 pieces to move on to the Council level. Those 11 pieces will be displayed in an exhibit at the Seattle Center Armory (Loft) from Dec. 1st 2017 – Jan. 7th 2018. Come by and see them!
Our Finalists Are:
Amelia K., 4th Grade
Annika G., Kindergarten
Asher B., 2nd Grade
Brea B., 2nd Grade
Cecilia P., 7th Grade
Dylan L., Kindergarten
Gwyneth F., 6th Grade
Isabel D., 4th Grade
Lily K., 4th Grade
Mia G. , 3rd Grade
Sierra A., 6th Grade
7. Volunteers Needed!
- E-STEM Career Day Lead – Career day is January 24th and we need a lead to work with Mr. Baily-Fogarty to solicit volunteers and organize an exciting day for our students! To learn more contact Derek Grandbois and Shannon Warner at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spelling Bee Lead – Have you ever watched the National Spelling Bee and been amazed by those students? Well our Hazel Wolf spelling bee is the first round of the national competition. We need a lead to prepare study materials and organize our event. If interested contact Christa Kleiner at email@example.com
- Auction Event Coordinator – Do you love to throw a big party? Is logistics and organization your strong suit? The auction is our largest fundraiser and we need someone who can help plan the event. If interested contact our Event Coordinator, Dan Suiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Field Day Co-Lead – Help our Field day committee and other parent volunteers plan an exciting day of outside adventure! If interested contact Christa Kleiner at email@example.com