- Nov 2: Reflections submissions due
- Nov 3: Buddy/Spirit Day – Crazy Hair and Hat Day
- Nov 6-9: 8th Graders at Nature Bridge
- Nov 8: Literacy Night 6:30 – 7:30 pm
- Nov 9: Veteran’s Day Assembly 9:30 am
- Nov 10: No School
1. Informational Meeting for the School Musical
When: Wednesday, November 15th, 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Where: Hazel Wolf Cafeteria
Who: Students in grades 4-8 and their families
Why: To learn more about commitment and participation in the school musical for both students and their family members.
This year’s school musical will be “Seussical, Jr.” It has lots of your favorite Seuss characters like The Cat in the Hat, Horton the Elephant, Sour Kangaroo, The Wickersham Brothers, Maizy La Bird, and Gertrude Mcfuzz, as well as The Whos in Whoville!
Short Synopsis: Transporting audiences from the Jungle of Nool to the Circus McGurkus, the Cat in the Hat narrates the story of Horton the Elephant, who discovers a speck of dust containing tiny people called the Whos. Horton must protect the Whos from a world of naysayers and dangers, and he must also guard an abandoned egg that’s been left in his care by the irresponsible Mayzie La Bird. Although Horton faces ridicule, danger and a trial, the intrepid Gertrude McFuzz never loses faith in him. Ultimately, the powers of friendship, loyalty, family and community are challenged and emerge triumphant!
At the meeting, you will find out information about auditions, the rehearsal process for both actors and crew members, and commitments to the production for both students and families. We will have two HW family members whose daughter has been part of our productions for many years to help answer questions as well.
Any questions, you can email Ms. Burnett at email@example.com. Thanks, and hope to see you there!
2. School Pay – This new system will be a safe and quick way to review and pay all of your student’s fees or fines from the comfort of your own home or mobile device. You can pay with your credit/debit card or electronic check. You must be registered with the Source before you may log on. More information to come!
3. Box Tops! Box Tops Wanted! – The first mail-in deadline for Box Tops is November 1st! Turn in your Box Tops in the box in the front office.
4. Spirit Gear – Hazel Wolf spirit gear is now on sale! Order by returning the form that was sent home to the office, or order online at https://hazelwolfk8.ejoinme.org/SpiritGearFall2017. Paper orders are due by 11/3 and online orders due by 11/5.
1. Literacy Night – Nov 8th (6:30 – 7:30 pm). This evening is geared towards K-3 students, although 4th and 5th are welcome to attend if they would like to participate.
Students may come in jammies, bring blankets, pillows or sleeping bags. Enjoy a cup of hot chocolate and cookies while reading in our cafeteria and hear stories from fantastic story readers.
Parents are invited to the library to learn about our new reading and writing program between 6:45 and 7:15.
2. We need chaperones for the 8th Grade Nature Bridge trip, November 6 – 9. Contact Joe Bailey-Fogarty via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. 7th and 8th Grade US History classes are working on creating essays and murals that explore the movement of peoples through some of Seattle’s most historic neighborhoods. While we have secured several spaces to display this work, we are still looking for other businesses willing to display students’ artwork (and accompanying essays) for the month of November. Neighborhoods students are researching include: Sand Point, Magnolia, Capitol Hill, International District, Ballard, Columbia City, and Pike Place/Central Waterfront. If you have connections with any business owners and/or managers in these neighborhoods who might have space to display student work, please email: email@example.com.
2. Grade checks – Almost end of quarter grades were given out to students in their Wolf Pack’s on Thursday. Any students with Ds or Es will also have one mailed home.