- Oct 19th (Thur):
Drama class – Field Trip to Aladdin
PTSA Board Mtg. 6:30 pm
1. Attention Creative Wolfpack!! – Do you enjoy art, music and dance or have an interest in writing, producing films and taking photos? Then join us and have fun unleashing your inner artist with PTA Reflections! This year’s theme, “Within Reach,” calls for your own unique interpretation through the arts. Submission guidelines and entry forms: tinyurl.com/WA-reflections-form. Need help with materials, ideas? See Ms. Mackin in Room 111 or email any questions to PTSA Arts Liaison, Caitlin Ewing at email@example.com. Submissions due on Nov 2nd.
2. Art Workshop – Within Reach. Oct 17th and 24th, 3:30 – 5:15 in the art room. Come have fun, play with art and ideas, and create a piece to enter in the National PTA Reflections art contest. RSVP to Danielle Goldberg-Hoss at firstname.lastname@example.org. Parents and extra hands are welcome.
3. Veteran’s Day Assembly – The assembly committee is looking for pictures and information on any family members who may have been in the armed services. This can be US service as well as any other country’s service. We are preparing a slide show for our Veterans Day assembly. Please send digital photos to Mr. Baltzell at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- Name of Veteran
- Name of student at Hazel Wolf to whom the veteran is related
- Relationship to Hazel Wolf Student, i.e.: grandparent, cousin, aunt, etc.
- Branch of service
- Years of service
- Any other pertinent information, such as currently still serving, where serving/served, distinctions, rank, etc.
- If you have previously submitted photos and info, we still have them and will continue to use them in this year’s slide show as well. If you have any questions, please feel free to email Ms. Burnett at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks, and hope to see your pictures!
Note – the cutoff for submission is November 1st, after this date, we will be unable to put your photo into our slide show.
4. We need chaperones for the 8th Grade Nature Bridge trip, November 6 – 9. Contact Joe Bailey-Fogarty via email: email@example.com.
5. Parent Conferences – If you have not set up your conferences yet, please do so ASAP. Note that teachers set their own schedules around their own schedules. If for some reason there isn’t a time that works for your family, talk to your teacher directly as they do have some flexibility in their schedule.
6. Smash and Grab – Last week a car was broken into right in front of the daycare, so keep valuables put away and locked up.
7. Please Share your Tutoring Resources – Our Student Intervention Team often has requests from parents and staff for names of private tutors who can work after school or on weekends. We would like to compile a list of available tutors to share with parents. If you are a private tutor, or you know of a private tutor you would recommend, please email the tutor’s contact information to Christy Lommers. Please include any of the
following information that you are able to share:
- Name of Tutor/ Organization
- Tutor email and/or cell/phone
- Subjects and/or age level for tutoring:
- Price per hour:
- Tutoring location or in home tutoring?
- I recommend ____ because ______.
8. 6th Grade Parent Representative Still Needed! – Attention 6th grade parents! We still need a volunteer to support grade-level communications for teachers/PTSA announcements. If you have a current 6th grader please consider volunteering for this important role to ensure all 6th grade parents stay informed. Contact Emily Wray at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information.
9. Donations and Support for our ELL Craft and Game night – Our ELL Support Team and PTSA are hosting a game night for our ELL students and families. To make this event successful we need the following support:
- Donations of gently-used, fun-for-all-ages board games and activity sets (snap circuits, Goldie Blocks, etc.), and children’s books. You may place donated items in the box in the office.
- Donations of craft supplies including fun stickers, adhesive gems, washi tape, cool duct tape, or colorful sharpies. Anything that will look good on wood but doesn’t make a big mess or take long to dry. These can also be brought to the office.
- Volunteers to help on the evening of 10/19. We need help serving food, organizing crafts, and playing games. Contact Kelly McIntyre at email@example.com.