- Oct 9 (Mon):
6th Graders leave for Mount Rainier Institute
- Oct 12 (Thur):
6th Graders return
- Oct 13 (Fri):
Waiver Day – No school
- Oct 14 (Sat):
7th Ultimate – 9:30 am at Ingraham
8th Ultimate – 9:30 am at Ingraham
Girl’s Soccer – 2:00 pm at Ingraham
On Monday, Oct 9th we celebrate Indigenous Peoples Day. The word “indigenous” means original or native. Did you know…
- In Washington state, there are 29 federally recognized Native American tribes.
- Over two thousand people in Seattle Public Schools identify as Native American/Alaskan, from students to teachers to our own Principals and Associate Principals.
- October 9, 2017, 4-9PM, Daybreak Star located in Discovery Park, will be celebrating Indigenous Peoples Day, all are invited!
- The Puyallup Tribe will host this year’s Tribal Journeys, July 28-August 5, 2018. We celebrate this day to honor the dignity and diversity of the cultures, traditions, histories, and aspirations of our city, state and country’s indigenous peoples.
1. Library Information – We celebrated all our summer BINGO readers Friday on the sunny library deck! Over 80 kids got pizza and cookies.
Next week the library will most likely be closed for MS lunch since Ms. Fournier is at camp.
2. 8th grade NatureBridge – packets and payments are due on Thursday, Oct 12. They can be delivered to their pack teachers or to the office.
3. We need chaperones for the 8th Grade NatureBridge trip, November 6 – 9. Contact Joe Bailey-Fogarty via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. FREE Health Clinic October 26 – 29 at KeyArena! Learn more at seattlecenter.org/skcclinic or 206-684-7200
5. 6th Grade Parents – Remember to review the MRI materials for emergency contact info, behavior expectations, what to pack, etc. with your child.