September 24, 2017
Sept 28 (Thur) – Curriculum Night (Dinner begins at 5:30); full Schedule is below
1. Buddy Day / Spirit Day – Each month, the first Friday is Buddy Day and Spirit Day. 5th Graders and Kindergarten classes are paired up, and the rest of the elementary are paired up with a MS “Pack”. On the first Friday of each month, the teachers plan an activity for the buddies to engage in at the end of the day. This also coincides with our monthly dress up spirit day. October 6th will be the first buddy and spirit day, and the theme is “Favorite Sport or Activity Day”. Wear your sports uniform, favorite team accessories, or your chess club shirt. Every activity is important if it inspires you.
2. Concert and Performance Dates – Please put on your calendar.
Note: all dates have been added to the PTSA calendar—learn more and subscribe
- December 5 – 3/5 Vocal Music Concert, 7 p.m.
- December 7 – MS Music Concert, 7 p.m.
- December 11, 12, 14 – School Musical Auditions and Call-backs
- March 14, 15, and 16 – School Musical Performances
- March 29 – MS Music Concert, 7 p.m.
- May 17 – 1st/2nd/3rd Grade Vocal Music Concert, 7 p.m.
- May 31 – 4/5 EIM and 4th Grade Vocal Music Concert, 7 p.m.
- June 7 – MS Music Concert, 7 p.m.
1. Have you turned in your start of year forms? If not, please do so ASAP!
Curriculum Night Schedule
Dinner 5:30 – 6:45
Elementary Classrooms K-2
6:20 – 6:40 Classroom Presentations
6:45 – 7:00 Math Teacher Presentations
Elementary Classrooms 3-5
6:40 – 7:00 Classroom Presentations
7:05 – 7:20 Math Teacher Presentations
Students are requested to stay home to make
room for parents
6:50 – 7:00 1st Period
7:05 – 7:15 2nd Period
7:20 – 7:30 3rd Period
7:35 – 7:45 4th Period
7:50 – 8:00 5th Period
8:05 – 8:15 6th Period
8:20 – 8:30 Wolf Pack Teams
Childcare for students provided from 6:15 on.
There will be a few activities for those children who don’t have an alternate place to go that evening. If possible, please make other arrangements
1. 6th Grade Mount Rainier Institute – Return packets and payment as soon as possible.
2. Wolf Packs – This past Thursday the packs had their first Mind Up lesson. Some of the 6th graders will get this lesson next week. Your child learned about three key parts of the brain (hippocampus, amygdala, and prefrontal cortex), involved in thinking and learning. As the year goes on they’ll begin to understand how their feelings arise, and that they have the ability to change what they do in response. This will then enable them to monitor and regulate their behavior by calming themselves in the face of anxiety, focusing their attention, and taking control of their learning.