September 17, 2017
Calendar of Events
Sept 18 (Mon) – General PTSA Mtg. 6:30 pm
Sept 28 (Thur) – Curriculum Night (Dinner begins at 5:30)
1. Parking and Drop Off – Please do not park in the Wiz Kids parking lot on 117th across from Pinehurst daycare. This is for their organization only. Additionally, 12th is one way during drop off (and pick up), and there is no parking in the drop-off area. If you want to walk your child in, please park somewhere else.
2. Paper Copy of First Week Packets – Forms are available online for packets, if you would like paper copies, please contact the main office and we will send them home to you.
3. Advanced Learning Testing – All parent referrals are due on September 22nd. More information on the district website.
4. Book Fair – Book fair is coming up the week of 9/25, and will be open the evening of curriculum night. People can sign up for volunteer spots at http://signup.com/go/Znpuefh
5. PTSA General Session – Join the PTSA for the first general session of the year on Monday, 9/18. We’ll do board introductions, approve standing rules, and approve the revised budget for the year. 6:30 – 8:30, childcare available. Everyone is welcome whether you are a member or not.
6. Parking in Neighborhood – Please remember not to park in front of neighborhood driveways and mailboxes.
Curriculum Night Schedule
Dinner 5:30 – 6:45
Elementary Classrooms K-2
6:20 – 6:40 Classroom Presentations
6:45 – 7:00 Math Teacher Presentations
Elementary Classrooms 3-5
6:40 – 7:00 Classroom Presentations
7:05 – 7:20 Math Teacher Presentations
Students are requested to stay home to make
room for parents
6:50 – 7:00 1st Period
7:05 – 7:15 2nd Period
7:20 – 7:30 3rd Period
7:35 – 7:45 4th Period
7:50 – 8:00 5th Period
8:05 – 8:15 6th Period
8:20 – 8:30 Wolf Pack Teams
Childcare for students provided from 6:15 on.
There will be a few activities for those children who don’t have an alternate place to go that evening. If possible, please make other arrangements.
1. 6th Grade Mount Rainier Institute – Return packets and payment as soon as possible.
2. Wolf Packs – This past Thursday the packs discussed behavior expectations, what consequences are for Level 1, 2, and 3 behavior, and reflection sheets if they have trouble following the expectations.
3. Sports – If your child’s paperwork was turned in on time, they are either bringing a green slip home, or a yellow slip. Green means they are ok to practice, yellow means they are still missing something.
4. After School Activities – MESA (Mondays 3:30 – 5:30), starting Oct 2nd, and Ping Pong (Mondays 3:30 – 4:30) will begin on Sept 25 and sign up forms are available in the front office and on the school website.