September 10, 2017
Calendar of Events
Sept 13 (Wed) – First Early Release 2:10 pm (every Wednesday throughout the year)
Sept 13 (Wed) – Mount Rainier Institute Parent Information Night 5:00 and 6:15 pm
Sept 18 (Mon) – General PTSA Mtg. 6:30 pm
Sept 28 (Thur) – Curriculum Night (Dinner begins at 5:30)
1. Kindergarten 1st day Breakfast – PTSA will have a first day breakfast for Kindergarten families on Monday, 9/11 after drop off. Head to the library deck and enjoy coffee, pastries, and fruit.
2. Book Fair – Book fair is coming up the week of 9/25, and will be open the evening of curriculum night. People can sign up for volunteer spots at http://signup.com/go/Znpuefh
3. PTSA General Session – Join the PTSA for the first general session of the year on Monday, 9/18. We’ll do board introductions, approve standing rules, and approve the revised budget for the year. 6:30 – 8:30, childcare available.
4. Homeroom Reps – We are still in need for the following classrooms and grades:
- 2nd-Boni & Musser
- 3rd-Kranich/Soroczak & Show
- 4th-Maybe Hoff
- 6, 7 & 8 grade
Contact Emily Wray at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
5. Mount Rainier Institute – 6th Grade Families. On Wednesday, September 13, please join us for an information night about our trip to the Mount Rainier Institute. The trip will take place from Monday, Oct 9 to Thursday, Oct 12. At the information night, MRI director John Hayes will give a presentation about the program and answer questions. Hazel Wolf staff will be on hand to answer questions about costs, paperwork, chaperoning, and financial assistance.
MRI information night (two sessions – you only need to attend one)
When: Wednesday, September 13
First session: 5 – 6PM
Second Session: 6:15 – 7:15PM
Where: Hazel Wolf library
Curriculum Night Schedule
Dinner 5:30 – 6:45
Elementary Classrooms K-2
6:20 – 6:40 Classroom Presentations
6:45 – 7:00 Math Teacher Presentations
Elementary Classrooms 3-5
6:40 – 7:00 Classroom Presentations
7:05 – 7:20 Math Teacher Presentations
Students are requested to stay home to make room for parents
6:50 – 7:00 1st Period
7:05 – 7:15 2nd Period
7:20 – 7:30 3rd Period
7:35 – 7:45 4th Period
7:50 – 8:00 5th Period
8:05 – 8:15 6th Period
Childcare for students provided from 6:15 – 7:20
There will be a few activities for those children who don’t have an alternate place to go that evening. If possible, please make other arrangements.