The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has invited Hazel Wolf students to participate in the Our Oceans, Our Future art contest. Awardees will be honored at the NOAA Open House on Friday, June 9. Read on for more information, or download the entry form and slide show. Deadline for submission is May 9!
Theme: Our Oceans, Our Future
Eligibility: All students in Kindergarten through 12th grade from public, private, and home schools within the Puget Sound Educational Service District.
Deadline: May 9, 2017
Award ceremony: NOAA Open House on Friday, June 9
Award: A panel will select 13 awardees. Awardees will receive a certificate and a prize. They will also be featured on NOAA’s websites and social media networks.
- Artwork must clearly demonstrate the theme: Our Oceans, Our Future
- Media: paint, pencil, markers, ink, crayon, chalk or pastel, and collage
- Include an Entry Form
- Students are encouraged to incorporate reused or recycled materials
- Size: 8”x10” – 18”x 24”
- Affix a mat on the front or hang tabs on the back
- On the back of the artwork, write the artist’s name, grade and school