This week’s weekly update had a glitch and sent last week’s by mistake. Here is the latest info:
Principal’s Weekly Update
October 9, 2016
No School Friday – State Waiver Day
- School Day Survey – The Seattle Education Association (SEA) and Seattle Public Schools (SPS) agreed to add 20 minutes of increased core instructional time to the school day starting in the 2017-18 school year. The survey is being provided in two formats, online and paper-based. Communications has posted the request for input on the SPS public website with a link to the survey. We will also have some paper copies available in the office, and will send translated version to our ELL families. Survey needs to be completed by Oct 21.
- Coat Drive – The 8th Annual Hazel Wolf Coat Drive begins this week. Coat request forms are available in the front office. If you would like your child to receive a NEW winter coat with assistance from the coat drive, please fill out the “Coat Request Form” and return the completed form to your child’s teacher or to the Front Office by Friday, October 28. If you are interested in purchasing a coat for the coat drive, please email Kathi.Lefebvre@gmail.com and put “Coat Drive” in the subject line. Kathi will assign coat purchases after coat request forms are received.
- Spirit Gear Sale is ON! Ends October 16 – Don’t miss this sale, once it’s gone, it’s gone. Incredibly cute posable stuffed wolves, way hip messenger bags and lightweight hoodies, brand new silicone drink ware, flannel plaid lounge pants, new ladies cut t-shirts, and more! Show your wolfpack pride, stock up for gift giving all year. Samples are available in the school office, or check the gear out online. Paper forms due October 13, online until October 16. Questions? Compliments? Marcigreenberg@comcast.net.
- Read-A-Thon – It’s nearly time for our 4th annual Hazel Wolf Read-a-thon! Read-A-Thon is a fundraiser without selling anything. Instead, we will promote our school’s goal of a love for reading. Look for a packet in Kidmail with all the details (the Rules, a Sponsorship form, and a minute recording sheet) and get ready to start READING on October 14! Packet didn’t make it home? Find out more on the PTSA website.
- Salmon Search – Get out and enjoy October in Seattle with friends! All Hazel Wolf families and friends are welcome for some outdoor fun at lower Carkeek Park on Sunday, October 16, 1pm, lower lot. We’ll hike the (easy) trail, watch for bald eagles and banana slugs, enjoy home baked chocolate chip cookies, and possibly spot the early salmon running up Piper’s Creek! No RSVP needed, just dress for the weather, and come on down! Questions? email@example.com.
- Grant Writer – We are hiring a part time (average about 5 hours/week) grant writer to help support our school’s amazing programs and staff. Interested in learning more? Contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Auction Kick Off Meeting – Are you interested in learning about the auction theme for this year, ways to volunteer before, during and after the biggest fundraiser for the year? Come and join the auction committee on Thursday, October 13, 7pm at school for our kick off strategizing session. If you are unable to make the meeting and have any questions or interest in volunteering contact email@example.com.
Wondering where to access the Principal’s Weekly Bulletin regularly? Bookmark this page on the SPS Hazel Wolf K-8 website:
The weekly bulletin goes out by email every Sunday around noon and is usually up on the web shortly thereafter.